Sunday, January 5, 2014

Let me introduce myself


This is AG.  He is five.
He loves Kindergarten, reading "chapter" books, playing soccer, singing, dancing and superheros. 
He told me that when he grows up, he doesn't know what he wants to do, but, "it has to be someone that helps people who needs help and make them happy". and though he thinks it may be someone like a fire fighter, a doctor or a scientist he said, "I'm only five, and there are so many jobs I don't know about yet. I need to learn more before I can decide what I want to be."



For Christmas this year, we decided to upgrade his Leapfrog Leapster Explorer to a brand spanking new Leappad 2. Essentially, it's a tablet for young children you can pre-load with apps, games, music and books all safe and geared toward expanding a child's willingness to learn. It doesn't connect to the internet so there's no worries about needing parental controls or online safety.

Another feature that I hadn't expected my son to find so thrilling at the age of five was the camera and video recorder. One night he asked to show me his "art". I was floored. It was funny, it was adorable. It was decidedly precocious. It had to be shared. 

This blog is going to be dedicated to the "art" my son has created and I have found on his new Leappad. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment